Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Fine Photographer - NOT!

Sarah, of BritGalUSA, has started another blog for her photography. She has some wonderful photos there. I promised to show her a stellar example of my photography. We had three large deer in our front meadow and I was desperate to get a photo. My husband assured me that they would bolt if I tried to open the window for the shot, and the little boys were happily taking in the moment, so I snapped away.



Can you tell that one of the bucks is standing by a tree, not far from our trampolene? Can you see the doe off to the left of the tree? Can you really see anything?

There was a third deer (a buck as big as a horse), but we only saw him after I clicked the first picture and, sure enough, they began to amble away. I did try to sneak out the garage door and hide behind the car, but instead of heading off through our woods, they walked between the woods and our neighbor's corn field.

My fine photography skills go way back. When I attended Wheaton College's "Wheaton-in-England program" back in 1985, the instructors held a final party and passed out gag gifts to each student in the program. I was given a plastic black camera (squirt gun) because I had so many disasters with my camera during our studies in England. I actually filled my scrap book with my photos paired next to post-cards, so that I would be able to remember, more CLEARLY, what I saw!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ES has a knack for photography. Perhaps he can be the resident photo journalist!! :) I got a kick out of your Wheaton-England gag gift! Wendy, its not your fault with this photo--the flash glared off the window and there just wasn't enough time before they roamed away to set the flash to off. But--I can see the buck! I've been thinking about you this week at family camp and hope that you've had good weather and have found some time for rest and renewal despite chasing the little ones in 2 different directions!! ~Karin

Wendy Hill said...

Karin - Yes, ES has a gift. I hope he will pursue it further. Just learned that our county 4-H fair has a photography category for kids. Must encourage him to try next year.

We had perfect weather (not a rainy day! and no over-bearing heat). It was restful, but not without chasing and chaos. Appreciate your thoughts and prayers, as always!