Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Sound Advice

We were just headed home from a pleasant walk in the park, when I said aloud, "I'd like to send something to Aunt Dawnie's kids, because they've been away at camp all summer" (my sister and her husband are Divisional Youth Secretaries for The Salvation Army in Mississippi and spend their whole summer at camp).

MS piped up, "We should send them some SOCKS ... with spiders all over them ... like mine!"

What a kid! He was dressed up in his long-sleeved Spiderman outfit today, with his Halloween spider socks! Despite the fact that it was 85 degrees F. I'm sure Aunt Dawnie's kids are really wanting knee-high spider socks!


Here he is holding some toys. He's been playing with the stuffed snake today, walking him through the motions of killing various stuffed animals (a lizard, a puppy, a monkey). This, after watching a You Tube video of a snake eating a mouse.

When he held up the snake-coiled dinosaur he said, "Now, the snake is eating a Trinocerus! He squeezes him until he can't breathe and then he eats him."

I tried to correct him and explain that it was a Triceratops, but he insisted it was a Trinocerus. Perhaps that is what they should have called them after all.

A few days ago, we found an Incredible Hulk Christmas ornament at a garage sale. Unfortunately, YS decided to use it as a missile and threw it directly at MS's nose. I heard shrieks and ran into the room to see what was going on. MS explained that YS had thrown the Hulk right at his nose.

It felt vaguely reminiscent of something, so I looked at MS and said, "You know, when somebody throws something at you ... this is what you should do (and I jumped aside)." He looked up at me with a smirk that clearly communicated his understanding of my irony!

No comments: