Sunday, September 13, 2009

Boy, Was That Annoying!

I know I had said that my son's drumming doesn't really annoy me. Well, for the past few days I have been annoyed that every time I open my blog, I had to hear the immediate start of that loud raucous music to his sample video.

Plus, he was annoyed with me because he felt I had put one of his inferior samples on. He claimed he had ones that were much better. I tried to argue that I didn't want to post any of the videos which were five or six minutes long. He suggested one that is just a few seconds longer than the other one I had posted.

So, to make everyone happy (and hopefully, my readers weren't annoyed as well when the music blared to life) I went back and removed the other video (which apparently went through AOL music ... perhaps why the video started without requiring you to select play, as a You Tube embedding normally does). I switched in his drum cover for "In the Belly of a Shark." Now, if it had been "in the belly of a whale," it may have had some Biblical reference, but I'm pretty sure this song has nothing to do with the Bible. Thankfully, all I hear upstairs are his drums and not the music he is playing to. Still, he does wail on those drums!

3 comments:

Lucy said...

You are one brave momma to have drums in the house. And loving. And fun.

Wendy said...

Oh, I hope none of my kids want to play the drums. My head is already throbbing at the thought of it.

Wendy Hill said...

Lucy - thanks for saying I'm brave, loving and fun. I may have to use that (kind of like a testimonial) sometime when the drummer boy is giving me flack.

Wendy - Ah, your son is still young yet, right. I am thankful for school hours. Plus, I'm sure it helps that he's rather good. I think clarinet or violin practice would have to be worse.