Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Various and Sundry Good News

My German pen-pal, Katja, has had her baby. She, and her husband Martin, welcomed Kim Sofie into the world:



How I wish I could run right over to visit Katja and hold this precious baby girl. Sadly, it would be very difficult to run to Germany and very expensive to fly to Germany and near impossible to find someone to stay with my own small children. Ah well, I have purchased a cute little outfit and will send it off tomorrow. Still, I'm tickled pink at this grand news!

Then, last night I received more fantastic news from a member of my old writer's group back in DeKalb. I have mentioned and linked to Kyle White's blog here before. He has been working on a series of essays concerning Wisconsin and has just secured a publishing contract! His book, "Wisconsin River of Grace," will be released by Cornerstone Press some time this fall or winter.

I am so thrilled for him in this success. He is an outstanding writer and poet. Thankfully, I know that despite his new membership in that club I mentioned, he will continue to send encouraging words my way and will bring honor to the club! It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!

Finally, I wanted to mention that I entered another I-Pod Touch giveaway tonight. ES already has an I-Pod Touch, but I really wanted to help this cause. My blogging friend, Renee, is raising money to bring her down-syndrome daughter, Kellsey, home from an orphanage in the Ukraine. She already has a wonderful family with her military husband, Frank, and their four biological children (including a down-syndrome daughter, Kennedy). Now, they are opening their home and their good fortune to another precious girl. If you have $10 to spare and want to possibly win an I-Pod Touch, you only have a few more days to enter this exciting giveaway.
Bringing Kellsey Home

No comments: