Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Free Theatre is Back!

Last year, miraculously, on the day before ticket reservations opened, I read about the free theater initiative at http://www.freenightoftheater.net/. If you are a long-time reader, you will remember that I dragged my middle school son with me to downtown Indy to see a Shakespeare play. Despite, his reluctance (and his insistence that the only enjoyable part of the evening was our trip to Dairy Queen), we had a really nice time.

This year, I received an e-mail from http://www.indyarts.org/ informing me of the event. For the Indianapolis area, it looks like the ticket reservations are going to open up tomorrow at 11 a.m. on-line at http://www.freenightoftheater.net/. This initiative is available throughout the United States, so you would have to look for tickets in your own local area. When I searched for other locations, there were different opening times for the reservations but it seemed like they all become available on October 1st.

Here in Indianapolis, the options sound interesting. The Heavens are Hung in Black, is about Abraham Lincoln. I'm thinking ES might like to attend Scary Stories on the Canal: Disquieting, Disturbing & Dreadful Tales. Then again, my husband doubts ES will be interested in ANY theater. The two which sound most interesting to me are: The Unexpected Guest by Agatha Christie and The Elephant Man.

I guess you know what I'll be doing at 11 a.m. tomorrow morning! Wish me luck!

Free Night of Theater Ovation TV Spot from Theatre Communications Group on Vimeo.

No comments: