Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Book Review: We Interrupt This Broadcast

 

After another disappointing audio venture, where I listened to half of the book before realizing the rest would be sin-absorbed, I desperately sought cleaner fare. We Interrupt This Broadcast provided a diversion without compromise. Most of the chapters covered historic moments before my time, but the second CD delivered recognizable content. Since television had already taken hold when I was born, I cannot remember ever listening to the radio. Still, the broadcasts covered many interesting events like space missions, bombings, and deaths. The book was easy to digest, even if it could not duplicate the intensity of the original news flash. An even greater plus, it held none of the smut or moral decrepitude that seems to run rampant in our modern literature. I may have to stick with older works or well-screened non-fiction.

No comments: