Monday, October 19, 2020

Recent Sightings

I relish the opportunity to drive my son to his ranch job at Morning Dove Therapeutic Riding Center four mornings a week. His father drives the morning I have Bible study. It gives us a chance to talk (or equally, silence as he listens to music or texts on his phone). Often, when the weather is decent, the sights are lovely. For now, the leaves render the trees a kaleidoscope and the sun gives my morning a feel of promise.

One day on our drive, we came upon this lovely skeleton pounding out a tune on a makeshift piano:



Usually, I bring my laptop and get in an hour's work while set up at a small table on the office building's porch. The view is stunning, looking out on the horse pastures.



After that, I often retreat to the car to read for an hour. One day, I glanced up to see deer casually grazing nearby.



For now, this job is a tremendous blessing both to Trevor and to myself. A peaceful positive in a worrisome world.

P.S. If you haven't yet voted for Morning Dove in the Harrah's Hoosier Park Breeder's Crown Charity Challenge, please do so today.

No comments: