Monday, June 7, 2021

Grrr - Leave it Alone!

Photo by Ross Findon on Unsplash

The tendonitis in my right thumb is healing, after weeks of wearing a brace. But now, I can thank Blogger for a new pain in my wrist. For years, I have posted the links to my book reviews on the sidebar in reverse order (most recent review posted on top). I'm sure it doesn't matter. I have no evidence to suggest visitors click on a specific review because they see it listed on the side. But, it matters to me.

A week ago, I opened the Link List gadget and discovered Blogger changed the format. If my list had been small, this wouldn't bother me in the slightest. But, I've read 40 books so far this year. Suddenly, I couldn't post the most recent read at the top. It placed each fresh addition at the bottom of the list. Grrr!

So, I spent a half hour switching the link positions. What a frustrating process. Each time I attempted to move a title to the bottom of the list, I had to do so one shift at a time (all while trying to avoid confusion over where it belonged in the list). The constant strain of holding down and then clicking the mouse button has given my right wrist a horrendous workout. Why, oh why, must they attempt to fix something that isn't broken??? Even though I preferred it the other way, if they change it back again, I'm going to SCREAM!

No comments: