Friday, September 11, 2026

Mid-month Mention: 25th Anniversary of 9/11 - Rescued!


This is an early mid-month mention. I bumped it up, because today marks the 25th anniversary of the events of September 11, 2001. This August, we attended revival meetings with evangelist Chris Miller. He mentioned a brief video he made with Marine Staff Sergeant David Karnes concerning rescue attempts on that fateful day. I checked it out and have decided to mention it here on my blog.

 

If you've followed my blog at all, you know what I loved most about this rescue story. It was the importunate, desperate prayers lifted in the midst of this rescue attempt. Whatever the need, a prayer went up. A radio appeared. A fire was put out. A beam was cut without collapsing. God was right there with them, answering and clearing the way for two men to be saved from the rubble.

I'm praising God for the rescue of two other precious souls. During the Chris Miller revival meetings, my husband invited Trevor's girlfriend, Kylie, and her mother, Angie. The church provided evening meals, so we were able to spend time chatting, as well. They live over a half hour away and we were thrilled they took their time to join us. But even more thrilling, they came to know Christ as their Savior from sin and trusted Him for eternal life. They have been rescued from darkness and brought into the light of His grace. I know Trevor is beaming in heaven and looking forward to reunion. Please join us in prayer for their continued spiritual growth.

"Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth." - Luke 15:10 

Before I go, I wanted to make mention of one more link. My good poet friend, Randy Edwards, wrote a poem for a 25th commemoration of the 9/11 tragedy. The poem is called "Climb," and I highly recommend listening to Randy read the entire entry for this poetry podcast episode. His voice is magnetic; his words timely. I love his poetry! Take a moment from your busy day. Watch a video about a rescue. Offer a prayer for two newly saved souls. Listen to a poem that will inspire and encourage.

No comments: