Monday, January 3, 2022

Dozen Best Reads of 2021

 HIGHLY RECOMMEND


FICTION:



We Dream of Space by Erin Entrada Kelly - Middle Grade


Apples Never Fall by Liane Moriarty


NONFICTION:



Destiny of the Republic by Candice Millard



Age of Opportunity by Paul David Tripp



Win the Day by Mark Batterson

 


Another Gospel? by Alisa Childers



Romans 13 and Covid 19 by J. L. Fuller



Fighting Forward by Hannah Brencher


HONORABLE MENTIONS


NONFICTION:



The River of Doubt by Candice Millard



Prayer in the Night by Tish Harrison Warren



Facing the Mountain by Daniel James Brown



What Happened to You? by Dr. Bruce Perry and Oprah Winfrey

Reading Summary for 2021:

I read 89 books with a total of 24,604 pages. Of the books read, 7 received a 5 thumbs up ranking, 16 received a 4-1/2 thumbs up ranking, and 22 received a 4 thumbs up ranking. That means a little over half the books were outstanding reads. Yay! Although I didn't categorize the genres like last year, it was a fairly even split between fiction and non-fiction. That surprised me because it felt like I read more non-fiction.

6 comments:

Becki said...

We Dream of Space sounds interesting. I don't usually read a lot of YA or middle grade. And my reading is definitely more fiction than non-fiction, though I do enjoy a good share of historical fiction, so oh-so-close to facts ;) Thanks for sharing!

Wendy Hill said...

Becki - Thanks for visiting my blog. I popped over to your blog, as well. I pick up middle grade more than YA, probably because I used to work in an elementary school and was always on the lookout for great read-aloud options.

Unknown said...

Wendy I just finished A tale of Madness, Medicine and the Murder of a President. I very much enjoyed it, clearly more to this man than simply one of the presidents assassinated. Thank you for the recommendation, it is always difficult to find good books. I have put a bunch more of your list on hold.

Wendy Hill said...

Anonymous reader, Thanks for visiting my blog. So glad you enjoyed Destiny of the Republic, too. My goal is to help others find good books, so I'm pleased this was true for you. I will be switching to a new subscriber service, so that I can offer a freebie (a pdf with a decade of top recommendations) to my subscribers. Stay tuned!

Unknown said...

Looking forward to that! I should have signed my name. Looking forward to more good reads. Wendy Bonifield

Wendy Hill said...

Ah Wendy - so glad you clarified that. Yes, I'll let you know when I switch the subscriber so that I can make sure you have access to that pdf (since you already subscribed in this follow.it method). I'm rather challenged by technology, but I'm doing what I can to get up to speed. My boys always marvel at the things I cannot grasp. Ha!