Thursday, January 27, 2022

New Glasses

My annual eye check-up is normally in January. Last year, however, I cancelled my appointment. Given my mother's macular degeneration and my father's recently diagnosed cataracts, I was loathe to miss another check-up. Isn't it amazing how eye degeneration can creep up on you without even realizing you're not seeing as well as you could? Apparently, I declined three points. Yikes!

Faced with hundreds of frame options, I thought I'd take the easy way out by asking the technician to select a few for me in blue or purple (my favorite colors). Perhaps that was a mistake. I'm guessing she didn't gravitate toward the cheaper frames as I would have. Plus, I worried I might not actually like them since it felt like she picked them for me. My sister assured me the woman probably had excellent taste (I lack fashion-sense). I literally gasped when handed the bill - almost $800. Seriously? Sheesh! I understand I asked for bells and whistles (scratch-resistant, transition lenses), but didn't anticipate or welcome that amount.

Presenting my new glasses:



I'm not a photographer and struggled with getting a photo inside (to avoid the lenses darkening) without glare from the lights. They feel a bit too round and large. Even if I don't like them as much, I will wear them because things are much sharper than with my old glasses. 

Here's a mini-gallery of my various glasses in the past decade:

2012-2015 black frames:


2016-2018 purple frames:


2019-2021 blue frames:


So, if you had to pick the best pair, which would you choose on me??? I'd love to hear your opinion.

At least I'm not sporting the eyewear my son wore as a tween, ha!:



No comments: