Monday, September 22, 2008

Couldn't be a Tastier Way to Get Fiber

I try to start my morning with a fiber-filled bowl of cereal (take care for today, though - hubby returned home from a trip to Walmart, bearing Entenmann's chocolate covered donuts, so sadly I skipped the fiber). My favorite is Quaker Oatmeal Squares. However, when trying to get my MS to join me in a bowl, it always proved challenging (YS, on the other hand, always clamors for a bite).

Then, I discovered Fiber One Oats & Chocolate bars. They taste like a candy bar and pack in 35% of the daily value of fiber. MS will eat the peanut butter version as well, but he prefers the oats and chocolate bars.

If you want to try one for free, head here. You have to sign up for an e-newsletter, but you can always unsubscribe at a later date if you wish. They will send you a free sample of their new cereal (I tried the Caramel cereal, but didn't like it) and a free sample of an oats & chocolate bar, plus a booklet of coupons. I found this deal at MoneySavingMom. Hey, with our tremendous medical bills lately, I could use all the advice I can get. Now, if only eating extra fiber would eliminate all need for doctor visits!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm a big fan of those Oats & chocolate bars. They are my version of a candy bar for sure.