Saturday, May 24, 2008

Future Victorian Cruise Request

Today is Queen Victoria's birthday! Since she was born on May 24th, 1819, in exactly 11 years, people will be celebrating her 200th birthday (o.k., not really, since she's DEAD! - but the 200th anniversary of her birthday). I am putting in my request now for something I would love to receive 11 years hence.

How about we plan to take a cruise on the Queen Victoria in May of 2019? I'm assuming this departs from England (so I guess it will include another trip to England, oh goodie!). The promotional web-site (which I'm too lazy to figure out how to link to at the moment) boasts of quite a few amenities. There is a theatre which I am sure I would want to attend. I wouldn't need the pub or the champagne bar, since I'm a teetotaler (very Victorian of me, don't you think!) Let's see, this will be 11 years hence, so I will definitely need the fitness center and pool (for lap swimming), but we'll see if I still have energy and stamina for that then. Knowing me, I will probably devote all of my time to the 6,000 book, 2-story library (maybe, it will be a 7,000 book library by then) and the Internet centre (will I still be blogging then??).

I'm sure we couldn't afford this trip now (cue wry laugh), but that is OK because the QV (I'm assuming it is called that since the Queen Elizabeth vessel is called the QE or QEII - you can tell I only know that from watching Keeping Up Appearances) offers NO BABYSITTING! Can you believe it? You want a nice luxury cruise, but there is no one to keep an eye on your spry little ones. They do, however, offer supervised youth programs and by 2019, ES will be on his own, MS will be 14 and YS will be 12. No problem, right?

Plus, the site I saw offered teacher's rates (I didn't really check out the discount since I'm not presently teaching and there's really no point in looking)! Perhaps, I will be back to teaching by then! Perhaps I will have published several novels by then and can afford to treat myself. Perhaps instead of taking my family, I will go with my cousin, Karin! That sounds like a treat! Perhaps I will set aside my birthday checks from now until then and see how much money has accrued. Hopefully, nobody will be celebrating the anniversary of my birthday then!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep me in mind!! ~Karin