Wednesday, May 14, 2008

What's He Watching Now? - Let's Make a Deal?

Tonight at the dinner table, my MS said, "How about this? If you let me go outside without socks or shoes on to play after supper, I'll give you a quarter?" I promise, I haven't been offering him a quarter to be quiet, although I've always joked about one day needing to do that!

I may not be well-known in our rural enclave, but my MS certainly is! Last week, when we headed off to the library, he was dressed in his Power Ranger costume. He was saving the Spiderman costume for the next day because he wanted to wear it to school (parent's day out). We had just entered and were dropping off our returns in the return slot, when a librarian poked her head around the corner and whispered to me, "Is that Spiderman??"

Apparently, the librarians had a special gift for him. They presented him with a large stuffed Spiderman 2 doll. I was so thankful that he didn't pipe up with, "I already have one like that, only the blue is lighter." Instead, he thanked them profusely and told them that he wouldn't let go of it until he got home. He explained that he would have to put it down to eat lunch, but promised to take it to nap-time.


No comments: