Saturday, December 23, 2017

Book Review: A Cedar Cove Christmas

If you are looking for a clean read full of holiday cheer, you cannot go wrong with a Debbie Macomber Christmas story. This tale, A Cedar Cove Christmas, was a simple modern re-telling of the Christmas story, complete with an unwed-mother named Mary Jo, her three brothers, the Wyse men, a shifty king,  and a room over a stable full of barn-yard animals. While absolutely predictable, it was still a sweet story. Plus, I was eager to find something I could listen to while walking that wouldn't offend my own sensibilities or the tender ears of my children (the last audio book I attempted, An Extraordinary Union, started out the first twenty minutes with extremely foul language - somehow I can overlook a few f-bombs and d-mns, but the use of the b-word and the p-word, is a bit too much for me to stomach within the first few minutes of a story).

No comments: