Thursday, February 28, 2019

Found What I Didn't Realize I Sought

I continue to visit Craigslist daily, hoping to find a satisfactory bench for the front hallway. I'm probably too picky. I have many specific wants: at least 40 inches long, cushioned in a neutral color or leather (no faux leather, as those often come with warnings of harmful exposure), with storage in the seat and, possibly, a wooden paneled shoe rack on the bottom. Functional, without losing the benefit of clean stylistic lines.

A week ago, I discovered a new Merrill Double Opening Leather Storage Ottoman listed at half the normal Home Depot price. It was long enough, with generous storage capacity, but no shoe rack. Alas, someone else snagged it a few hours before I called. It wasn't too disheartening since it was a distance away and I'm not sure that was the style I wanted. I will continue my pursuit.

In my quest, I happened upon several other things: bought a beautiful navy fleece-lined dog sweater, a set of purple floral-patterned dishes, a kitchen island in mint condition (though not the white I had hoped to find), and the beloved oval lyre end table (purchased a few months back). On Saturday evening, I saw a listing for another lyre end table. This one is rectangular and matches our marble end tables, only topped with leather, instead of marble. It is a bit bigger than our marble tables and sturdy as can be. As soon as I saw it, I contacted the seller to arrange a time for pickup, even though it was an hour's drive away. I'm very pleased with the purchase:


It also sports two handy retractable cup holders. Clever!


Then, Sunday night, as I skimmed through Facebook, I noticed a Salvation Army friend on the lookout for a church selling off gently used sanctuary chairs. My mind immediately whirred back to a Craigslist listing for 120 such chairs, located close to where this individual lives. I shot her a quick message with the link and she expressed great thanks. So, even though I haven't found my bench/ottoman yet, I've landed a few bargains and helped others meet their needs, as well. Can't beat that!

No comments: