Thursday, April 7, 2022

Book Review: The Quilter's Legacy

I have no desire to become a quilter. If gardening isn't my thing, sewing is even less so. Yet, I'm perfectly willing to dip into the world of quilting because Jennifer Chiaverini's series takes my mind off my exercise and provides a clean book to listen to while I walk. The Quilter's Legacy is my fourth time listening to her books. Although I continue to approach the series out of order (my library doesn't have all of her books in audio form), each seems enough of a standalone novel. 

This book is the fifth in the series. It takes Sylvia Bergstrom Compson on a trip down memory lane as bits and pieces of her mother's life come to light during her search for her mother's quilts. Sylvia's sister Claudia sold the quilts when times were tough and now it takes detective work to locate them again. Although I love historical settings usually, and enjoyed the parts linking the past story with the Titanic, I was less thrilled with the parts outlining the family's experience with the Spanish flu. As another reader mentioned on a Facebook reading circle, "I read to escape." Bring on the other books, though. I'm still in the game.  

No comments: