Sunday, February 10, 2008

My First Award


Today Cardiogirl's blog, at http://www.cardiogirl.net/ was about loving the alternate reality of the blogosphere. I had to send out a resounding yes. I have been emotionally and creatively fed, in feasting mode, through my new venture into the blogosphere. I don't know if I'd be sane today, if it weren't for these late evenings spent eavesdropping on other people's lives and finding such interesting stories and connections. I love finding a new blog where they talk about books they read. I love blogs about cake decorating (one of my hobbies). I love reading about mothers of sons.


A few days ago, CG gave me my first award - the Classy Blog Award. I have seen these things before and so I knew I had to come up with three other individuals to bestow this lovely title upon as well. Having only recently started blogging, it really made me pause. Who would I select? Many of the ones I view daily already have loads of readers and awards. It was such a difficult decision that I know I will have to create a blogroll (one of those sidebars where you can list all of the blogs you like to "stalk").


So, first of all, I must say "Thank you" to Cardiogirl for sending other readers my way by nominating me (and for encouraging me to start this blog in the first place). Now, for the three I selected? My Classy Blog Awards go to (drum roll, please ...):


Bia at http://www.ladolcevitathesweetlifewiththreesons.blogspot.com/. I think I found Bia through http://testosterhome.blogspot.com/ in the comments section. Ever since, I've loved visiting her blog. Sometimes Bia's posts are down-to-earth, sometimes funny, sometimes contemplative, sometimes spiritual, but always interesting.


I can't even remember how I stumbled onto this one (ah the beauty of links and awards), but I have recently begun reading Lucy's words at http://lifeisaspasmwhoflow.blogspot.com/. You'll have to read for yourself how she came up with such a memorable and unique blog name(Hint: it has something to do with pen-pals from another country - something I think everyone should try). She writes about books and boys (hence my kinship). In fact, her most recent posts were about an author I have loved my whole life (Charles Dickens) and about a book I have wanted to read for months now (when I get done reading all those other books I've wanted to read), called The Book Thief.


And Lucy, in her awards, led me to Chloe at http://www.existentialdilemmas.blogspot.com/ who doesn't really blog about my usual interests (she's single, so no kids; she runs - I've always been impressed by marathon runners; she has time to socialize - I'll try not to be too green), but I think her blog is really classy and she does one unique thing that I would return again and again to read. Her "Dear You" posts will have you dying laughing. She is so clever and creative in these posts that I couldn't read enough of them. I know that the most recent one she posted was on January 25th, but you can access all her "Dear You" posts by searching in the search box at the top, so check it out. A great read.

4 comments:

chloe said...

I'm so glad you found my blog. I have to say the "Dear You" posts are my favorites to write, as well. And I think the reason they work so well is based on the fact that I cannot force them (I tried once, because I know people like them, but that post was never published). Anyway, I love finding new blogs to read, and I love bloggers finding me.

And I must give credit where credit is due. The inspiration for these posts came from cropstar at La Belle Dame Sans Regrets.

Guilty Secret said...

Congratulations on your award. I came via Cardiogirl's place and I'm looking forward to reading more...

Maria (also Bia) said...

Wendy, "grazie mille" (a thousand times thank you!) for this...it really made my day. And it isn't so much the award as it is your kind words. God bless.

Lucy said...

How fun! Especially stemming from my recent acknowledgment that this sort of thing is acceptable and proper:)

Of books and boys is such a delightful title. Extremely appropriate and one I could use myself. Thanks for your comment and thanks for your shout out. It'll be a pleasure getting to know you. We already have so much in common;)