Monday, February 4, 2008

Touching New Song by Randy Owen


Tonight I headed over to my niece Amelia's website at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/ameliagorton to hear their news. As I said before, Amelia was diagnosed with leukemia two days after her second birthday, back in December of 2005. What a blessing to be able to access information about her on a daily basis without inundating her parents. Their website has always been an inspiration and an encouragement.

Tonight, they directed us over to http://www.randyowen.com/ to hear his new single entitled, "Braid My Hair." It is a beautiful song and a fitting tribute for my niece (not that it was written for her, but she embodies the words to this song fully). She has a strength that I cannot fathom. Her ability to take the medicine required, without complaint, to battle the crummy days and still wear a vibrant smile, to glow with hope and praise for God in spite of less-than-pleasant circumstances is phenomenal.

It was ironic that I heard this song tonight, since I just wrote out a check to St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital tonight. My ES participated in their annual Math-a-thon and I made a pledge. Randy Owen's purpose, in recording this song, was to draw more attention to St. Jude's work and encourage more giving. Take a moment to listen to this song and, if you can spare it, send a few dimes, quarters, or dollars to the St. Jude's Foundation. There's a little girl in my life who will be glad you did.

No comments: