Friday, February 15, 2008

Sweetie Pie Surprise



This is the dessert I made for my hubby to celebrate Valentine's Day. I found the recipe on the Betty Crocker web-site and decided to give it a try. The crust is made from a Bisquick/cream cheese dough and baked. Then chocolate chips (the "surprise" in the recipe's name) are melted on top of the crust. Next, comes a layer of cherry pie filling, followed by a drizzling of white chocolate.

I thought it looked great. However, it looked and sounded better than it tasted. My hubby concurred. I usually make him a cherry dump cake (one of those classic easy recipes where you dump 2 cans of cherry pie filling into a pan, dump a yellow cake mix on top, drizzle with melted margarine and bake at 375 for 45 minutes). He thanked me for trying the new recipe, but declared his love for the dump cake! Not quite as pretty, but give a man what his stomach craves!

2 comments:

Guilty Secret said...

What a pity it wasn't so nice... it looked so cute!

Wendy Hill said...

My funny friend Laura just e-mailed me to tell me that perhaps if I hadn't served it on what looks like a toilet seat, it would have tasted better! Ha! The hinges on that cake saver do look curiously a lot like toilet hinges. This is the same friend who used to confuse telemarketers calling to offer her a different phone plan by telling them that she didn't have a phone. Oh, I love her sense of humor!