Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Christmas Greetings for 2019!


When you have bigs, Christmas morning is laid back. Daylight comes and they're still sleeping.

I couldn't bring myself to write an annual Christmas letter this year. Instead, I simply sent out a small photo of our dog, Toby (captured so well by a photographer at J.C. Penney who claimed it was her first pet photo shoot ever):



I probably wouldn't have even bothered, except that I wanted to remind the few I send and receive cards from, of our address change (no, we didn't move; the city extended the street name down to our country road, requiring the pointless hassle of an address change). The futility of the gesture is monumental. We received 16 Christmas cards this year - a third from extended family. Tempted to feel aphilophrenia (see my Word Catcher review), but will optimistically attribute it to the fact that the Christmas card is going the way of the dodo bird! At least I know I'm not alone in this sadness. A friend posted her card dilemma on Facebook (she sends far more than I do and this year her card was going to cost $3.84 each to send, so she sent it disassembled with the challenge to assemble it - ha!) - she tries to fill one door with cards from family and friends, but this year resorted to adding a Santa decoration to take up space due to the scarcity of cards:



Here are our recent photos of Trevor (freshman) and Sean (7th grade):




The only news I would have added to a Christmas letter (had I sent one) would be that our oldest, Bryce, received his next job assignment and is thrilled to be moving to Houston, Texas (where his girlfriend already lives and works for Exxon). We are grateful for his presence here for Christmas, but will grieve the loss of more frequent visits. Here is a summer shot of Bryce and Elizabeth from their travels together in Europe:


May you and yours enjoy a blessed Christmas and new year!

No comments: