Saturday, December 28, 2019

Favorite Gifts of Christmas 2019

We had a lovely Christmas. It was such a blessing to have Bryce with us (he returned home to West Virginia late Christmas afternoon). Here were a few of my favorite gifts:


My husband bought me a copy of my blogging friend/author Maria Novajosky's book, An Ocean, an Airplane, and Two Countries Full of Kisses - a book to restart my failing reading mojo.

About a month ago, I was at a local flea market and spotted a game that I knew I would love. I snapped a photo and sent it to my husband convinced he would put it off until December and the thing would already be gone. No, bless him, he snagged it for me - Bookopoly: A Novel Property Trading Game Celebrating the Classics!



It looks delightful.  Instead of properties, you land on classic books. It says interesting facts about the books and the authors are printed on the back of each property deed. You secure $200 every time you pass READ. Instead of going to jail, you are stuck watching tv - ha! When you land on Explore or Knowledge, you receive cards like "Can't find your library card - Go directly to WATCHING TV. Do not pass READ. Do not collect $200." or "You only read the Cliff Notes. Move backward to the next book." My only complaint about the game is that they neglected to include a book by Dickens. My complaint about my family - the only one willing to share in the game is Sean.

Perhaps I will bring it to a Free Write night (an offshoot of my writer's group) and convince them to ditch their writing prompts (so intimidating) and join me in a game.

Finally, I was thrilled with Bryce's gifts: a set of gel pens, dark chocolate truffles, and a Double-Sided Full Body Massage Mat. This thing is wonderful - heat and vibration.


No comments: