Monday, January 9, 2023

Book Review: Jingle All the Way

Prior to Christmas, I took easy audio book selection and stuck with Debbie Macomber Christmas novels. Jingle All the Way fit the bill again for a clean holiday read. It was a quick listen and a wholesome accompaniment to my treadmill time (all the more important with the allure of holiday treats). In this Christmas novel, we meet Everyly Lancaster (known to her family as Daisy). Everyly is a driven, high-powered executive intent on proving herself. Her business partner hires his young relative to serve as Everyly's assistant, but she's not equal to Everyly's expectations.

The inept girl wreaks revenge on Everly's demands by booking her on a holiday cruise, not on the intended beach, but down the Amazon river. How will Everly survive two weeks without internet access? Can she fight off the attraction to the ship's naturalist, Asher Adams? Does her life need a re-boot and will she take the steps to solidify what is most important to her? The dual name of the main character seemed unnecessary. She is rather loveable and you have to feel for her conundrum. Again, this was predictable, but still entertaining enough. If you're looking for a clean holiday read, you can count on Debbie Macomber.

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

I've only read one book by Debbie Maccomber, mainly because I'm not a big romance reader. She definitely has a big following! This week, during the long flights home from AK, I read The Last Thing He Told Me by Laura Dave. Except for a few curse words spoken by gutter characters, it was a clean suspense and enough of a page turner to keep me interested even though I was tired. Love your reviews!

Wendy Hill said...

Hey Gretchen - I'm not really much into romance either, but I can always depend on Macomber for a clean read. I'll look into The Last Thing He Told Me - needing a page turner to hold my attention these days.