Monday, January 16, 2023

Mid-month Mention - The Bonifields


Because my 2023 goal is to PRAY MORE, READ LESS, I plan to provide some mid-month posts that highlight things/places/people I recommend. For this first month, I introduce you to the Bonifields. This husband/wife duo is steeped with talent and creativity. What's more, they use these gifts for the Kingdom of God. Randy Bonifield sings and writes music. There are several of his songs I adore, but this first one, I loved so much that I shared it with my church back in DeKalb, IL, and they began using it in their worship times (many moons ago).

Fan the Flame in Me

Lord, renew in me the fire of Your spirit

'Til I begin to see the power of Your love.

Make my life to be blazing with Your holiness;

Father, fan the flame in me.

To be holy, for Your honor,

So that Christ be seen in me.

To be holy, in Your likeness,

Father, fan the flame in me.


 

Another favorite Randy Bonifield song is called "Passion."

Passion

Give me a passion for You, Lord.
I want to know You more.
Give me a heart that is true, Lord,
To seek You like never before.
Renew my mind. Renew my spirit
To walk in Your holiness.

Open my eyes; I want to see
Visions of You living through me.
Open my heart; cause me to love
For I want to follow You,
I will follow You with all my heart.

Give me a passion to serve You.
I want to follow on.
Give me the power to choose You
When all of the feelings are gone.
Renew my will for I am determined
To walk with You every day.

Open my eyes; I want to see
Visions of You living through me.
Open my heart; cause me to love
For I want to follow You,
I will follow You with all my heart.



And Randy's newest song, Come Unto Me (I Am With You) - a bit longer, but well worth a listen - is so comforting. 

As Randy says in a funny song he penned (Left Behind - The Rapture Song), he "married up." His wife, Wendy, is equally creative. About 2 years ago, she started a new podcast called On Carlson Drive. Her voice is terrific to listen to and her stories bring back memories of simpler times. Since we both grew up as children of Salvation Army officers, many of her memories mirror mine. Here is a YouTube airing of her initial podcast (or you can listen wherever you tend to listen to podcasts):



May you be blessed through their ministries and may their creativity lift your eyes to the One who loves you most.




2 comments:

Gretchen said...

I listened to Fan the Flame. It's a beautiful song and prayer for beginning the new year. Thanks for sharing this!

Gretchen

Wendy Hill said...

I'm so glad - I appreciate that - God has gifted them and they give those gifts back to Him. A great example to follow.