Monday, November 20, 2023

Mid-month Mention #2: Lew Wallace Author Fair


If you live in the West Indianapolis area and love to give books as Christmas gifts, have I got a deal for you! This coming Saturday, you can attend the Lew Wallace Hoosier Author Fair in celebration of Crawfordsville's Small Business Saturday. Here's a brief introduction from the General Lew Wallace Study & Museum:

"When Ben-Hur: A Tale of the Christ was published in 1880, Indiana wasn't known for its literary culture. In the following forty years, however, Hoosier authors became popular. During this Golden Age of Indiana Literature, more best-selling books came from Indiana than from any other state except New York. Writers like Meredith Nicholson, James Whitcomb Riley, Lew and Susan Wallace, Maurice Thompson, and others put Indiana on the literary map. The General Lew Wallace Study & Museum is proud of that literary legacy Lew helped create. We host the Lew Wallace Hoosier Author Fair to honor that legacy."

This author fair takes place Saturday, November 25th, 2023, from 5-8 p.m., on the 3rd floor of the Fusion 54 Coworking Space (101 W. Main Street, Crawfordsville). It is free and open to the public. I attended for the first time last year, selling and signing my book, Watching the Wayward: Psalms for Parents of Prodigals. (Also available from Amazon) Two authors seated to my right, Josh Brewer and Tony Brewer, offered a fascinating, unique opportunity called Poetry on Demand. For a small fee, they composed a poem for you, on the spot. How cool is that! You'll find a variety of genres available from nearly twenty local Indiana authors. Since I'm still in the stages of getting word out about my book, I'll be raffling off a free copy that night.

While in Crawfordsville, why not visit a historic home decorated for a Victorian Christmas?


Maybe you're more into fashion. Attend the Lew Wallace Holiday Tea & Fashion Show:


This December 1st fundraiser event is hosted at the Elston Homestead at 400 East Pike Street, Crawfordsville, Indiana.

Enjoy any of these three opportunities to jump-start the holiday spirit! If you cannot attend any of these, I direct you to a video or two of the lights in London. It always boosts my holiday mood! I often hook my laptop up to fully immerse myself by watching on my television screen. Welcome to the holiday season!

2 comments:

Gretchen said...


I enjoyed being with you so much last year at the Lew Wallace Fair!

Wendy Hill said...

Gretchen - Yes, that was fun last year. Hopefully many people will be passing through and I won't feel awkward silence with no buddy nearby to fill the silence.