Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Still Faithful and Still Wooing

As soon as the boys were in bed, I headed to Walgreens to get my transferred inhaler prescription for YS (and the $25 gift card they offered). They also will be paying me a buck for buying two of their Scotch three-roll tape (they were on sale, 2 for $2 and when I send in the Walgreens Rebate Club form at the end of the month, they will put $2 back on a gift card, plus I had a $1 off coupon clipped from the paper).

Next, I dashed into CVS and talked with a manager about my purchase Saturday night. Because I arrived before midnight on Saturday, she assured me that I did indeed see a sign offering a second toy at half off. She looked over my receipt and then printed out a $5 ECB to give me the half off that I failed to get on the initial purchase receipt. Score! Does that mean I paid -4.99 for those three items now?

Plus, they continue to lure me into the store with their good deals. I usually purchase my YS's diapers in a large package at Walmart for about $19. However, this week, CVS is offering $5 in ECBs with every $25 purchase of Huggies. This enables me to purchase three of their smaller packs for $10 each and use three Huggies coupons ($3.50 in further savings). Of course, Catherine has already trumped me, big time, on the diaper purchase in this post, where she secured 658 diapers for $3.36! See why she makes me green?

I don't want to get my hopes up too much (given my experience with MS), but my need for diapers may be dwindling soon anyway! YS has begun asking to "pee in the potty" every time we take his diaper off. He is the only one of my boys who seems to prefer sitting during the learning process. Thus, he has also successfully done both while sitting on the potty. I try to leave him "nudey-butt," as we call it, for a portion of each day and he tends to produce on the potty about three times a day for the last week (today he even forgot to ask for the M&Ms I offer him). Wouldn't it be a tremendous blessing if he went to night-time diapers only, by the time he's two? Oh, he's a keeper, and cute-to-boot (which is a British expression for also, I believe - am I right, Sarah?)

No comments: