Monday, December 12, 2011

Favorite Christmas Decorations

My boys are destructive. There's no way around admitting it. Sometimes I think that eventually they will have broken every thing that is special to me in any way. Thus, I feel it necessary to document these special things before they are gone forever. Ha!

Here are a few of my favorite Christmas decorations. This post was prompted by the destruction of one of my elves in the walking elf decoration. I was able to glue the cracked foot back together and it does work fine ... for now. I purchased this at a House of Lloyds sale back when my parents lived near Kansas City. I cannot even find House of Lloyds on the Internet. It seems they were bought out by another company. I doubt I'll come upon one of these walking elf decorations again in my lifetime.



Another favorite, which has also been broken and repaired on two occasions, is my spinning carousel decoration. I found this at a garage sale and fell in love with it. My initial repair, back when Bryce broke it, was much better than the present one, but you can still get a feel for the appeal of this decoration.





Finally, I love this moving Santa decoration. It was a gift from a very dear friend, Beth. It holds such sentimental value. True to form, the boys used to pick it up by the hat and for a short time, it wouldn't move. Somehow it came back to life ... a Christmas miracle. I pray it has a good long life (although, I'm pretty sure I could replace this one - we saw a larger one, just like it, at our dentist office the other day).

No comments: