Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Book Review: God is More Than Enough


This was another book recommended by Mary, during my CBLI stint. I don't think I've read anything else by Tony Evans. It was very easy to read and held great encouragement. I have to admit, at first I was a bit leery, at the prospect of reviewing Psalm 23 word by word. It brought back memories of doing an inductive Bible study (you know the kind where they have you study Bible verses one word at a time, underlining and circling in different colors of highlighter - groan - not my favorite way to study the Bible). However, this was anything but tedious.

The interesting thing is that Mary said that she laid out the book recommendations before I even walked in her door. Once again, I get the feeling that God knew I needed to visit with Mary and knew she needed to offer me some books to read. I had packed a Maeve Binchy book. Oh, how I love a good Binchy book. But, the books I consumed during CBLI were definitely beneficial! And now, she's talkin' about sending me another book to read! Maybe I should just let my library card lapse (I have to pay $80 to renew it at the end of this month)!

No comments: