Thursday, August 20, 2009

Another Good Laugh

Here's a quick plug for another writer friend of mine. Kyle White was our youth pastor back in DeKalb, IL. That is, until we started up the writer's group. Shortly after that, he left his youth pastor position and began to devote more time to his writing. I have always loved his "stuff" (mostly poetry), but was thrilled when I learned of his blog.

He doesn't post to his blog as often as I would like, but I'm guessing that might be a good thing. In fact, I have often wondered about that question of publication following the act of making your writing available to the world at large at no cost to speak of. His writing is definitely worth purchase and I hope to one day buy his essays on Wisconsin (they'll sit right next to my books by Bryson, probably).

But, you can enjoy another good laugh if you visit his blog and read his three recent posts (all of 2009 - sadly). Maybe if he receives a deluge of comments, he'll post more of these entertaining blog entries. Then, again, maybe I'm just deluding myself into thinking I've sent more than two additional readers his way. Ha! Now there's another good laugh!

4 comments:

Kyle White said...

Thanks for the plug. You are too kind.

Wendy Hill said...

Kyle - not kind enough, usually. But I love your funny bits just as much as the poetry that makes me stand back and say, "Wait, he's goin' deeper with this!"

Unknown said...

Wendy, that is an awesome find! Noted and added to the Google Reader.

Let the stalking begin!

Wendy Hill said...

CG - Glad you enjoyed Kyle's blog. At least with Goodle Reader, you'll be notified on the off-chance he posts again. Now if we could get him to add some doodles. You should see his doodles - they are fantastic.