Saturday, January 12, 2008

Of Boys and Soap

Last Thanksgiving, my sil introduced my son to scented soaps from Bath and Body Works. She brought some Warm Vanilla Sugar soap to my in-laws and my middle son fell in love with it. He called it "Aunt Bernie's Banilla Soap" and wanted to wash his hands all the time. So, of course, I ran out and bought 3 bottles, despite the fact that at 3 for $10, it was the most expensive soap I'd ever purchased. Oh, how he loved that soap. This Christmas, she brought "Sweet Pea." I think part of the appeal to this one is that he gleefully explains to everyone that he washed his hands with "pee." He is all BOY! She sent this bottle home with us. Another part of the appeal is that this one is a foaming soap. He loves the foam. So much so that at the end of naptime yesterday, he came out to inform me that he needed to use the bathroom. I was on-line and engrossed, I guess. Anyway, about 10 minutes later, the oldest son says, "Hasn't he been in there for 10 minutes? What's he doin' in there?" Good question, I think to myself, but still fail to investigate. A few minutes later, he finally emerges to explain that he "cleaned" the sink for me. He was anxious for me to "come see." (Why do I always shudder when one of them says, "Come see"?) There is now one half inch of foaming soap left in the dispenser and the sink was still bubbling over as of this morning. I'm sure the bubbles were a tremendous joy to him. However, he will be very sad when this dispenser is empty and I refuse to dole out another 3-5 dollars for his precious "Sweet Pea" soap.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are a woman after my own heart. I do LOVE those soaps and their scents from Bath and Body Works. I also love the small grit that is in each one to help facilitate the cleansing process.

But I am such a massive tightwad that I only receive those bottles as gifts. $10 for 3 bottles ON SALE?!

We usually buy the gallon refill of liquid soap at Costco. It's clear and it does the job. It has a smell to it, but not like Bath & Body Works. And I would have been so bummed out after he cleaned the sink.

I mean, yay, he cleaned the sink and I would be proud of him. But inside I would feel like Mr. Krabs (from SpongeBob) and think a bunch of money just went down the bathroom sink.

Bad Mommy, Cardiogirl. Bad Mommy.

Kyle White said...

Sweet PEE soap! Ha! Amen. I am glad you are blogging!