Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pray for Janae and Stellan

Two more quick prayer requests to throw out there. I have sort of stumbled upon these, since I don't really know these families personally (although one family, I have heard of often through a mutual friend).

Janae is a five year old girl who lives in DeKalb, Illinois, where we used to live. My friend, Beth, mentioned an urgent prayer request for her a few days ago. Janae's parents took her to the ER believing she might have appendicitis. After a ct scan, they were informed that a six inch tumor was attached to the area of her kidney (a Wilms tumor). At first, doctors believed they would have to begin chemotherapy to reduce the size of the tumor. However, when the doctor went in to access, he decided to remove it. Unbelievably, she went home from the hospital tonight. Of course, the battle is not over, but the Lord has been gracious and present.

To visit Janae's site and encourage Janae and her family (dad and mom, Frank and Suzanne, and four sisters) go here.

As I was visiting Catherine's blog tonight, I happened upon a link to Stellan's mother's blog. Even as I type, he is apparently making his entrance into this world. However, he has had a tough road so far (with heart difficulties within the womb) and they are not sure what will happen. Thankfully, they are confident that God knows what will happen. Say a prayer for Stellan and his family and visit her blog - her kids are adorable beyond words!

UPDATE: I logged on this morning and checked to see if my links were working. Spent a good long time at Stellan's mom's site. What a creative blogger! You have to visit her gallery of Stellan names. She asked people to send in photos of Stellan's name to signify that others are praying for Stellan. She will be putting these up on his walls to encourage him. When I read back further, I discovered that he was scheduled for a c-section this morning at 9:30 a.m. CST - and that was exactly when I was on checking out the site more fully. Adding more prayers!

No comments: