Saturday, January 23, 2010

Reading Favorites from 2009

I must admit, as I looked over my list of books read in 2009, it seemed like a somewhat short and boring list. I guess it wasn't my best year for reading. Still, I did try to pick out my favorites.

My favorite grown-up books were:
  1. Gilead
  2. Poe's Heart and the Mountain Climber
  3. Magic Hour
  4. The Weight of Heaven
  5. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Pie Society


My favorite kids books were:
  1. Savvy
  2. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Roderick Rules

2 comments:

Amy Sorensen said...

Gilead is just SO GOOD! Dare I confess: haven't yet read the potato-pie society yet. I know: BAD librarian!!! ;) (Just need to buy it already...we librarians can't ever check out a book if someone else is on the hold list for it, and of course the hold list for that one is gigantic!)

Wendy Hill said...

Amy - I should confess that I wavered on whether it should be in the top five (torn between Time Traveler's Wife and Lit. Pot. Pie, I guess). I'll be interested to read your review of the book.